National Board Support Program
National Board Certification is a voluntary professional development process that recognizes accomplished teachers who meet rigorous standards of performance. Teachers who seek National Board Certification must complete demanding assessments of their knowledge and skills. They develop a school-site portfolio that includes student work samples, video clips of effective lessons, and reflective commentaries about their use of strategies that increase student learning. In addition, candidates must respond to test questions that demonstrate the depth and breadth of their subject matter knowledge. A National Board Certificate attests that a teacher has met the highest standards established for the profession.
Because CTL believes that teachers need the support of National Board Certified Teachers, fellow candidates and other mentors as they measure their practice against high and rigorous standards of teaching and learning, we offer ...
- National Board Candidate Support Listserv where you can network with other candidates and National Board Certified Teachers. Click here for directions on how to join our listserv.
- Note: if you are already a member of the listserv and wish to be removed, please follow these directions.
- Virginia NBCT Network collaboratively advances teaching and learning by supporting aspiring and current NBCTs and advocating for policies and practices to support excellence in education.
- The VA NBCT Network will ...
1. Provide a structure for NBCTs to gather and share information.
2. Advocate for the advancement of teaching and learning in all Virginia schools.
3. Support those candidates seeking National Board certification.
4. Create an interactive network to provide support for professional growth through the National Board Certification process.
- Click here for directions on how to join the VA-NBCT Network listserv.
Metropolitan Educational Training Alliance (META) Candidate Support Program: a National Board support program for teachers in Chesterfield, Henrico, Hanover, Richmond, and Powhatan Public Schools only. CTL conducts workshops that provide teachers in these partner school divisions with structured opportunities to clarify each aspect of the certification process and a network of support as they strive to meet the highest standards established for the profession.
To join the META National Board Support Program, contact the following META reps:
- Chesterfield County Public Schools: Mr. Corey Talbott
- Hanover County Public Schools: Dr. Amy Thompson
- Henrico County Public Schools: Dr. Drew Baker
- Powhatan Public Schools: Dr. Meredith Parker
- Richmond Public Schools: Dr. Darlene Currie
Staff Contact: Terry Dozier, email@example.com